Parent Point Guidelines
In an effort to keep all children safe and in accordance with State of California and Diocese of Oakland requirements, all who volunteer at St. Edward School must be 18 years of age or older. Volunteers may include parents/guardians, grandparents, or relatives and must complete BOTH Safe Environment Online Training and be cleared through Live Scan Fingerprinting. In order to participate & receive “Parent Point” credits for any school activity, the following two requirements must be fulfilled PRIOR to the Activity:
- Safe Environment for Children Project - Every volunteer must complete or attend ONE training course between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2018. Beginning July 1, 2016, you may do a training course online or you may sign up to attend a live class at a parish near you. Please go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_2.cfm?theme=0&org=22671 to sign up to do either an online course or to attend a live session. Once completed, please turn in the certificate to the school office. You must complete a course before earning any parent points.
- Live Scan Fingerprinting - If you completed your fingerprints with the Diocese of Oakland, you do not need to re-do this. If you are unsure, please email the school secretary, at email@example.com and she can confirm this information for you or direct you where to get your Live Scan done.
Every family is expected to become actively involved at St. Edward School. During the course of the school year, all 2-parent families are expected to complete a minimum of 25 hours/points of family participation or 20 hours/points for single-parent families and are encouraged to continue their support and participation after the minimum standards have been met.
Hours/Points begin to accumulate as of August 1 just before the start of the school year through the last
Friday of April. Specifically for the 2016-2017 school year, Parent Points can be earned starting 08-01-16 through 04-28-17. Hours/Points earned from August 1 through the 1st day of school, must be pre- approved by the Principal and will count toward the upcoming school year’s participation hour requirement. Hours/Points earned after the last Friday of April must also be pre-approved by the Principal as only Field Day is the last event of the school year needing volunteers. Those volunteering for SCRIP and Yard Duty after the end of April will have those points credited to the upcoming school year in August.
There are 3 ways to verify Parent Points earned:
- Point SLIPS – to be filled out by the parent & signed off by appropriate chairperson
- Point LISTS – to be filled out by the teacher or appropriate chairperson and submitted to
- Sign-In Sheets posted at the PTG meeting