Parent Point Opportunities
The following listed items are suggested ways to earn the required participation hours at the rate of 1 point per 1 hour of participation, or 1 point per $20.00 value of REQUESTED donated items
ONGOING NEEDS:LUNCH SERVERS NEEDEDto distribute hot lunch from 11:45am to approximately 12:45pm. Contact Katrina Maher at firstname.lastname@example.org
KIDS CLUB SNACKS:Sign up for KIDS CLUB snack!! Even if you are not part of the KIDS CLUB Program, you can participate in this easy way to earn points. You can earn 3 points by providing a daily snack- a list of suggested items will be given to you.Sign up by coming into KIDS CLUB (Doolan Center), calling 793-5663 or emailing Jean at email@example.com,
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AT VARIOUS TIMES THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR:
- Saturday Work Parties (weeding at school/playground, school maintenance clean-up, gardening and other special projects). Dates published in the Spartan Weekly and on the school calendar.
- Food Donations (with original receipt) – donations of food for specific functions will be given. For example, donations for our hosted Friends and Family Sunday, Catholic Schools Week. No points given for your child’s birthday donations or Halloween donations or other occassions when not requested.
- Newark Days Parade – preparation of the float and/or participation in Newark Days Parade. MAXIMUM 3 points per FAMILY for participation in the Parade, which may be in addition to preparation.
- Jog-a-thon / Walk-a-thon
- Room Parent
- Assisting the teacher outside the classroom (help with class activities – take home work). See individual teachers
- Eye Testing/ Hearing Testing / Picture Days: DATES and TIMES posted in Spartan Weekly
- Scrip Sales Volunteers (this is the only position that earns Parent Points all year)-before and/or after school openings available
- Any School Appointed Committee Chairperson or committee member
- Asssiting Fundraising Chairperson - requests posted in Spartan Weekly, ie: for help with gift wrap, Fun Run, Parent Benefit Gala, etc.
- School Board Member or PTG Board Member
- P.E. Motors Skills Program Helper (assist small groups of Kinder and 1st Graders). Contact PE teacher.
- Catholic Schools Week volunteers – see Development Director for details, various days/times
- Set up for WASC (February, 2019)
- Assisting Hospitality Committee - set up and clean up, etc. for various events as requested in the Spartan Weekly.
- CYO – Coaches, Team Parent, Scorekeepers (see maximum point distribution under CYO)
- Book Fair Helpers
- Class Field trips
- Field Day - only if you sign up. Exact date of sign ups announced in the Spartan Weekly.
- Teaching Faith Formation (limited to 10 points per family per school year)
Additional opportunities for points are listed in the Spartan Weekly published on Wednesdays